Sun, Jun 09|
Greendale Peoples Church
End of Life Planning Seminar
A short, free seminar to help you and loved ones explore options for funerals and memorials. To document wishes. And explore special arrangements for Veterans, First Responders, Nurses, Teachers and more.
Time & Location
Jun 09, 2019, 11:30 AM
Greendale Peoples Church, 25 Francis St, Worcester, MA 01606, USA
About the Event
When a loved one passes many families face difficult choices trying to grieve their loss, honor their loved one, and make decisions regarding the funeral, burial, etc.
In this brief conversation, Rev Kev from Greendale People's Church and Scott LeBlanc, Family Service Counselor from the Worcester County Memorial Park will briefly share some of the common questions and challenges they see today's families facing. They will present a brief overview of things to think about and options available, and answer your questions, for example:
- Why are memorials and funerals as much about the person who has dies as the ones who survive?
- How to honor loved ones who lived an unconventional life or faith? or when the family is in conflict? or when other challenges arise?
- Why documenting my wishes about my memorial or funeral service can be a great gift to my loved ones? and how to explore this at Greendale People's Church?
- What are the options and considerations for burial and cremation?
- What benefits are available to veterans, etc. through WCMP?
- What do we do with cremains?
Scott will also share some of the additional services the WCMP make available, including their Good Grief social/support group.